June 10th Work Party
At the work party last Saturday, we had over 33 gardeners participate with a total of 96 hours! The weather was perfect: cool and cloudy but dry and bright.
– One plot was overgrown with horsetails. An elite team cleared the plot so the new gardener could get started.
– We hung out lots and lots of the burlap bags to dry. Once they were dry, we re-stacked them in the concrete bunker by the compost bin and covered them with tarps so they’ll be re-usable in the fall.
– We cleared a load of trash that had been dumped in one of the concrete bunkers and arranged to take it to the dump.
– A big team led by the inimitable Marty DeLong weeded the perennial garden.
– A few meticulous gardeners carefully weeded and widened the gravel pathway alongside the raised beds.