At the work party last Saturday, we had over 33 gardeners participate with a total of 96 hours! The weather was perfect: cool and cloudy but dry and bright.
– One plot was overgrown with horsetails. An elite team cleared the plot so the new gardener could get started.
– One gardener had medical issues had asked for help weeding. Another hardworking team weeded her plot. She was delighted with the result!
– We hung out lots and lots of the burlap bags to dry. Once they were dry, we re-stacked them in the concrete bunker by the compost bin and covered them with tarps so they’ll be re-usable in the fall.
– We cleared a load of trash that had been dumped in one of the concrete bunkers and arranged to take it to the dump.
– A big team led by the inimitable Marty DeLong weeded the perennial garden.
– A few meticulous gardeners carefully weeded and widened the gravel pathway alongside the raised beds.
People baked and brought way too many deliciously tempting goodies!
We have a new sign!
A P Patch work party is scheduled for this Thursday, July 28th, 6:30 to 8:00pm.
Leaders: Renee Amies and Caitlane Gangstad
Tasks: continued work on perimeter gravel path
As always, this is a great way to meet your garden neighbors and get some volunteer hours.
This Saturday’s work party is scheduled for 9am to 1pm!
Due to inclement weather, the work party scheduled for this evening has been cancelled.
A P Patch work party is scheduled for this Thursday, June 23rd from 6:30 – 8pm.
Leader: Renee Aimes
Work will be focused on the gravel path that goes through the middle of the garden.
Rain is predicted for the morning, but hopefully not all day!
A P Patch work party is scheduled this Saturday, June 11th from 9am to 1pm.
Leaders: Leslye Coe and Liz Bottman
Tasks will include:
- Finishing weeding and chipping the gathering circle.
- Weeding around the raised beds.
- Cutting back grasses along the fence behind the tranquil garden and replanting elsewhere.
- Weeding and sheet mulching a needy patch in your Pod.
- Watering food bank gardens as needed.
Participating in this work party is a great way to get your volunteer hours in and to meet your garden neighbors! An added bonus: the weather promises to be cooler!
A work party is scheduled for this Saturday, May 14th from 10 am to 2 pm.
Leaders: Leslye Coe and Karen Peterson
Tasks will include:
- Cleaning weeds and grass out of the Gathering Circle in the middle of the garden
- Weeding and cleaning up the area between 315 and 314 Food Bank Gardens for an herb garden
Tasks will include watering common areas, finishing weeding and sheet mulching common paths.